Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Bald Frog With A Wig

Well on the random question generator, Blogger.com gave me this question: The children are waiting to hear about the bald frog with a wig.

so I wrote this spiel, which was longer than four hundred characters so i couldnt use it in my bio page. Consequentially, I'm posting it here because I grew fond of it in the twenty or so minutes of my time I wasted on it. Here's the short in it's entirety.

Well you see this frog was sitting near the pond mulling over his failures. He squatted low to the lilypad to see his reflection in the water and needlessly made adjustments to his tupee, which was seemingly constructed of a nasty cat's week-old hairball still held together with flem from the cat's stomach. Sickening I know but frogs aren't known to have good hygiene. Anyway as I was describing his situation, he happened to be meditating on his failures, as one should never do, and he realized he had never amounted up to anything. Sure he'd eaten plenty of flies but all it did was sustain his worthless life. He lived on the largest pad on the pond and still this was just a means to an end. What good had he done? The frog just sat on his pad and pondered if he'd left any sort of mark behind. So the frog put it in his mind that he'd become a vaudevillian and take off to see the world and entertain it. He put a top hat on, grabbed a cane and began singing his own little ditty which went something like, "Hello mah baby, hello mah darlin, hello mah ragtime gahl. send me a kiss by wire. baby my heart's on fire! if you refuse me honey you'll lose me, then you'll be left alone. oh baby telephone and tell me i'm your own!"
Needless to say... he made millions and now, long after his death, his image is forever burned in our memories as the WB frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment